🇪🇸 En español: Gambas al Ajillo
Simple authentic Spanish sizzling prawns with garlic. This has to be one of the most popular tapas dishes ever.
Sizzling Prawns with Garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil use good Spanish olive oil if possible
- 4 cloves garlic sliced finely
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 200 g raw prawns
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- Fresh crusty bread
- Put the olive oil into a cold frying pan and add the sliced garlic and chilli flakes. Place the pan over a medium heat and allow the oil to gently heat up until it’s sizzling. Once the oil is sizzling, cook the garlic for 1 more minute. Take care, as garlic can easily burn if cooked too long.
- Add the prawns, bring back to sizzling and cook for about 4 minutes, stirring a few times, until the prawns are pink all over and starting to curl.
- Season with salt and pepper and squeeze over the juice of half a lemon, stir the prawns one last time and then turn the heat off.
- Sprinkle with the paprika and parsley and serve immediately, while still sizzling.
- Serve with crusty bread and Fino Sherry for a delicious and impressive starter.