Last Updated on 13/10/2021 by richard
Positively loaded with garlic and spices – please don’t forget the fresh, un-buttered bread, you will definitely need it!
En español: Gambas al ajillo y guindilla
Garlic and Chilli Prawns
- 650 g king prawns deveined heads discarded peeled tails intact
- 60 ml olive oil
- 50 g unsalted butter cubed room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- ¼ tsp chilli crushed
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 40 g fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 pinches black cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/350°F.
- Line cast iron pots with prawns and squeeze lemon juice over.
- In a small frying pan, heat the oil and butter, and add garlic.
- While sauteing the garlic, add chilli, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour garlic sauce over the prawns and place lids on pots.
- Place in oven for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread rolls.
Calories: 351kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 23gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Try one of these recipes from my cookbook …
Almejas a la Marinera (Spanish Style Clams)
An authentic recipe for almejas a la marinera, often served as a Spanish appetizer at Christmas dinner. These Spanish style clams are addictive, so make lots!Check out this recipe
Five Spice Dusted Whitebait
Crispy whitebait deep fried with a spicy coatingCheck out this recipe