🇪🇸 En español: Gambas al ajillo y guindilla
It’s impossible to imagine any decent tapas spread without a bowl of sizzling garlic and chilli prawns.
Add a cold beer or a nice glass of chilled white wine and there you have it, heaven on a plate.
Positively loaded with garlic and spices – please don’t forget the fresh, un-buttered bread, you will definitely need it!
🌶🌶 If you are a chilli lover like me try the chilli con carne, so easy but so good!
Garlic and Chilli Prawns
- 650 g king prawns deveined heads discarded peeled tails intact
- 60 ml olive oil
- 50 g butter unsalted, cubed room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- ¼ tsp chilli crushed
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 40 g fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 2 pinches black cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/350°F.
- Line cast iron pots with prawns and squeeze lemon juice over.
- In a small frying pan, heat the oil and butter, and add garlic.
- While sauteing the garlic, add chilli, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour garlic sauce over the prawns and place lids on pots.
- Place in oven for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread rolls.