Last Updated on 10/01/2022 by richard
The idea behind these Christmas carrots is to make one part of preparing Christmas dinner quicker and easier.
If you prepare the herb butter in advance then 10 minutes in the microwave and job done.
Cooking them quickly retains all the goodness and flavour. They must be good because the grandchildren always ask for more!
Christmas Carrots with Herb Butter
- 80 g butter softened
- 1 tbsp tarragon finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- ½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 kg baby carrots
- Mash the butter in a bowl with the tarragon, parsley and mustard, as well as some seasoning. Cover and chill until needed. Can be made up to three days ahead.
- Trim the long green tops off the carrots and wash under cold running water, scrubbing them with a clean scourer to get rid of any dirt. Halve the carrots lengthways so they’re all the same size, and put in a large, microwave-proof bowl with 3 tbsp water. Cover the carrots with a microwaveable plate or lid and heat on full power for 8-10 mins until just tender. Drain, then toss with the herby butter and serve straightaway.