These delicious little carrots are great eaten raw, boiled, or roasted but I like them glazed in butter and brown sugar.
Glazed Chantenay Carrots
- 200 g Chantenay Carrots
- 250 ml Vegetable Stock
- 50 g Butter
- 1 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Sprig Fresh thyme
- 1 Tsp Cooking Oil
- Trim the stalk end off the carrots to tidy them up a little.
- Toss the carrots in the cooking oil.
- Heat a small frying pan (24cm) over a high heat.
- When the pan is hot add the carrots and saute for 3-4 minutes until they begin to colour up. You do not want to sear them, just saute until the colour begins to change.
- Throw in the butter and thyme.
- When the butter begins to foam pour in the vegetable stock and add the dark brown sugar and mix well.
- Cover the carrots and cook for 15 minutes.