Are you having a Halloween party this year? Try this fabulous centrepiece for your sharing table from Tesco’s October magazine. This pumpkin fondue with a mix of tasty cheeses and white wine with a slightly smoky sauce is a real winner.
Pumpkin Fondue with Nachos
- 2-3 kg round edible pumpkin
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 250 g Emmental finely grated
- 200 g mature Cheddar finely grated
- 2 tbsp 20g cornflour
- 125 ml crème fraîche
- 100 ml white wine
- ½ garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 400 g pack lightly salted tortilla chips
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 12 jalapeño slices chopped
- 100 g cherry tomatoes chopped
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180 ̊C, fan 160 ̊C. Cut the top off the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp, reserving the seeds. Rub 1 tbsp oil over the pumpkin and inside the hollow, place on a baking sheet and top with the pumpkin lid. Roast for 1 hr or until tender.
- Mix the cheeses in a bowl with the cornflour. In a separate bowl, mix the crème fraîche, wine, garlic and chipotle sauce. Stir everything together, then tip into the pumpkin. Put the lid on and roast for 15 mins, then remove the lid and cook for another 15 mins or until bubbling and the cheese is fully melted.
- Meanwhile, mix the pumpkin seeds with the smoked paprika and remaining oil and tip onto the baking sheet next to the pumpkin for the last 5 mins of the cooking time to toast.
- Serve the pumpkin fondue with the tortilla chips for dipping, garnished with the toasted pumpkin seeds, spring onion, jalapeños and tomatoes.