Satay sauce is sometimes called Thai peanut sauce. It is essentially the same thing. Each chef uses different ingredients to make their unique sauce, but one common ingredient is the peanuts used to make the sauce.
Thai Style Chicken Satay
- 150 g Smooth peanut butter
- 100 g Thai red curry paste
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 400 ml Coconut milk
- 500 g Chicken thigh fillets
- 10 g Parsley chopped
- In a large bowl, add the peanut butter, Thai red curry paste, soy sauce, and 50ml of the coconut milk. Beat until smooth.
- Transfer two thirds of it into a saucepan, add the remaining coconut milk and mix well.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, then add it into the bowl of the remaining marinade and mix until it’s completely coated.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto 4 skewers.
- Heat some oil in a large pan, cook the chicken over a medium heat until they are golden brown all over and cooked through.
- Heat up the sauce, taste for seasoning, then add the chopped parsley and stir well.
- Plate up the chicken skewers with rice, then pour over the satay sauce.