A easy to make no bake cheesecake.
Baileys Cheesecake with Maltesers
- 100 g Unsalted butter
- 250 g Digestive biscuits crushed.
- 450 g Cream cheese such as Philadelphia
- 75 ml Baileys Irish cream
- 100 ml Icing sugar
- 200 ml Double cream
- 60 g Chocolate dairy or plain, as you prefer
- Gently melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the crushed biscuits and mix until the butter has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and, while still warm, press the mixture (using the back of a spoon) into the bottom of a lined 23cm/9inch springform or flan tin. Leave to set for one hour in the fridge.
- While it is chilling, grate the chocolate. Set aside in the fridge if your kitchen is warm.
- In a bowl, whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is soft. Beat in the icing sugar and a shot of Baileys. Fold in the whipped cream and three-quarters of the chocolate. When the mixture is smooth, smooth it evenly onto the biscuit base.
- Refridgerate and allow to set for at least two hours. If you can bear to leave it overnight, so much the better.
- Remove from the tin and decorate. You can either sprinkle the remaining grated chocolate over the top for a simple finish, or add some individual maltesers and flakes for a more elegant and ceremonial dressing.