Lets get ready for summer after lockdown with these Pimms jelly jars.
Pimms Jelly Jars
- 9 Gelatine leaves
- 600 ml Apple juice
- 4 tbsp Golden caster sugar
- 250 ml Pimm’s
- 6 Strawberries hulled and chopped
- 298 g Mandarin segments in juice drained
- 200 ml Single cream
- 100 ml Semi-skimmed milk
- 6 Thin slices of cucumber to serve (optional)
- Mint sprigs to serve (optional)
- Put 7 gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water and set aside to soften for 5 mins. Meanwhile, heat the apple juice in a small pan with half the sugar until steaming. Remove from the heat, squeeze out the water from the gelatine, then add it to the pan, 1 leaf at a time, stirring until dissolved. Add the Pimm’s and stir again.
- Divide the strawberries and mandarin segments between 6 jam jars, pour over the apple juice and Pimm’s mixture , then put in the fridge to set for at least 4 hrs.
- When the jelly has set, soften the remaining gelatine as before. Heat the cream, milk and remaining sugar in a pan until steaming. Squeeze out the water from the gelatine, add it to the pan and mix well. Set aside to cool for 10 mins. Pour the cream mixture over the jellies, then chill for 1 hr.
- Top each jelly with a slice of cucumber and a small sprig of mint. Pack into a cooler bag for transporting. Can be made 1 day before serving.