Last Updated on 02/12/2021 by richard
These baked chicken strips are made with crispy cornflakes for extra crunch. For an even more flavoursome twist you could try adding grated Parmesan to the cornflakes before coating the chicken. A dish that’s guaranteed to go down well with the kids!
I have tweaked this recipe from Ilovecooking to make something which I know my grandson Charlie will enjoy.
Cornflake Chicken Strips
- 4 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 100 g plain flour seasoned with salt & pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 60 g cornflakes coarsely crushed
- Olive oil spray
- Season the chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper. Pour the flour into a ziplock bag, the eggs into a shallow dish and the cornflake crumbs into another ziplock bag. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray and preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
- One chicken breast at a time, dredge the chicken first in flour, by putting the chicken pieces in the bag and shaking it until the chicken is covered, then in the egg mixture, and finally in the cornflake crumbs. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Spray the nuggets with a final spritz of olive oil before baking for 18-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the crumbs are crispy.