Last Updated on 11/01/2022 by richard
Easter treats for the family, and a good way to use up those leftover buns with this hot cross pudding recipe idea from Sainsbury’s.
Hot Cross Pudding
Easter treats for the family, and a good way to use up those leftover buns with this hot cross pudding recipe idea from Sainsbury's.
- 6 White hot cross buns
- Orange marmalade
- 1 ltr Custard
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 170°C.
- While the oven is heating up, halve the hot cross buns and cover them with marmalade. Place them in a large ovenproof dish.
- Pour in enough custard to almost cover the buns and leave to soak in for 15 minutes.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Finish by placing under a hot grill for 5 minutes until golden brown.
Serving: 1portionCalories: 365kcalFat: 7.8gSaturated Fat: 1.4gSugar: 39.4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Try one of these recipes from my cookbook …
Toffee Apples with Sprinkles
A good old fashioned treat for kids, no matter how old!Check out this recipe
Crema Catalana is similar to creme brulee but easier and with a wonderful orange undertone.Check out this recipe