Last Updated on 13/10/2021 by richard
En español: Albóndigas de cordero con menta
A standout tapa, meatballs made with the classic combination of lamb and mint.
Lamb Meatballs with Mint
- 0.5 kg lamb mince
- 1 egg
- 75 g dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp mint finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 140 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 150 ml beef stock
- 250 ml tomato puree
- In a bowl, mix the lamb with the egg, bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of the mint. Season with salt and pepper. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet. Add the meatballs and fry over moderately high heat until browned all over, about 4 minutes. Transfer the meatballs to a plate.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a food processor. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of mint and puree.
- Return the onion puree to the skillet. Add the broth, tomato puree and meatballs and simmer over low heat until the meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Calories: 792kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 25gFat: 64gSaturated Fat: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Try one of these recipes from my cookbook …
Mussels with Saffron
This pepped-up Spanish recipe for mussels with saffron and spinach is ready in just 30 minutes.Check out this recipe
Five Spice Dusted Whitebait
Crispy whitebait deep fried with a spicy coatingCheck out this recipe