Last Updated on 13/10/2021 by richard
En español: Pimientos Rellenos de Atun
Pimientos Rellenos de Atun (Tuna-Stuffed Red Peppers)
- 4 red peppers
- 1 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 130 g breadcrumbs soft; divided
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 150 ml milk
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice fresh
- 400 g tuna flaked
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- grated cheese cheddar, Swiss, or Parmesan cheese
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Featured Video
- Cut the bell peppers in half vertically and remove the stem, seeds, and white membrane.
- Boil the pepper shells in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the onion, ½ of the bread crumbs, beaten egg, milk, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and tuna.
- Fill the pepper shells with the bread crumb mixture.
- Mix the melted butter with the remaining 1/2 of the bread crumbs; sprinkle over stuffed peppers. Place in a shallow baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. If desired, top with shredded cheese 5 minutes before the peppers are finished baking.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 341kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 28gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gFiber: 4gSugar: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Try one of these recipes from my cookbook …
Lamb Meatballs with Mint Check out this recipe
Never missing from the menu at any tapas bar. Try it at home with this patatas bravas recipe!Check out this recipe