🇪🇸 En español: Pimientos Rellenos de Atun
These tuna stuffed red peppers make a great lunch or as part of your evening meal. Our grandchildren love to help stuff them.
We leave the tops with the stem on the peppers, just dividing them in two with a very sharp knife. This makes them much easier for the children to deal with on the plate.
Pimientos Rellenos de Atun (Tuna-Stuffed Red Peppers)
- 4 red peppers
- 1 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 130 g breadcrumbs soft; divided
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 150 ml milk
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice fresh
- 400 g tuna flaked
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- cheese grated cheddar, Swiss, or Parmesan
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Cut the bell peppers in half vertically and remove the seeds and white membrane.
- Gently boil the pepper shells in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the onion, ½ of the bread crumbs, beaten egg, milk, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and tuna.
- Fill the pepper shells with the bread crumb mixture.
- Mix the melted butter with the remaining 1/2 of the bread crumbs; sprinkle over stuffed peppers. Place in a shallow baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. If desired, top with shredded cheese 5 minutes before the peppers are finished baking.
- Serve and enjoy!