This migas recipe comes from Lobos tapas bar in Borough market and is an ideal addition to a Spanish-inspired sharing menu. The runny fried egg with the pancetta and crispbread is deeply satisfying.
- 200 g ciabatta or baguette slightly stale
- 200 g pancetta or smoked bacon cubes
- olive oil
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 eggs fried to serve
- Tear the bread into smallish pieces and tip into a large bowl. Put the bacon in a shallow pan with a couple of tbsps of olive oil, and fry until golden. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- Add the red pepper to the hot pan. When it starts to soften (about 10 minutes), add the chopped garlic and fry until lightly golden.
- Put the bacon back in the pan with the torn bread and keep stirring until golden, add the paprika at the last minute. Divide between small plates and add a fried egg. Sprinkle over a little more paprika to serve.
You may also like …
Grandads Cookbook may reference or include sections of text and images reproduced courtesy of: