Last Updated on 11/01/2022 by richard
The best chips you will ever taste are triple cooked.
Use Maris Piper potatoes if you can, they will be light and fluffy inside with a lovely crispy shell.
Triple Cooked Chunky Chips
The best chips ever!
- 0.5 kg potato Maris Piper
- Rapeseed Oil
- Sea salt
- Peel the potatoes and cut into chips 5cm long by 1cm wide
- Rinse the chips under cold water until the water runs clear – this will remove some of the starch
- Add the chips to a saucepan of cold water and bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer the chips until they are soft to the touch but not cooked all the way through, about 15mins.
- Drain the chips and chill in the fridge until dry and cold – this will take at least 30 minutes
- Preheat a deep fat fryer to 130⁰C
- Fry the chips in batches for 5–8 minutes until a crust forms but with no colour. Remove the chips and place them on a baking tray. Chill in the fridge again for approximately 30 minutes Once chilled, turn the deep fat fryer up to 180⁰C
- Deep-fry the chips in batches for a second time for 4–7 minutes until crisp and golden – don’t overcrowd the fryer as this will cause a drop in the oil temperature
- Drain on absorbent kitchen towel and season with salt before serving
Calories: 193kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 5gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFiber: 6gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Best Chips Ever
Perfectly cooked chipsCheck out this recipe