Easy braised leeks tossed with a little olive oil and a blend of herbs called Herbs de Provence.
Made up of herbs that grow abundantly in southern France including rosemary, marjoram, thyme, and sometimes lavender buds. You can buy the blend or combine some of your favourite herbs instead.
Braised Leeks with Herbs de Provence
- 1 kg leek about 5 medium, white and light-green parts only, halved lengthwise
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 75 ml Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dry white wine like Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Position a rack in the centre of the oven and heat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Arrange the leek halves cut side down in a snug single layer in a shallow 8-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle the herbs over the leeks. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, wine, and 1 tbsp water and drizzle over the leeks. Sprinkle evenly with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Braise the leeks in the oven until tender and easy to pierce with a fork, about 40 minutes. The leeks should be nicely caramelized.
You may also like …