A delicious, baked-in-the-tray, one-pan recipe. Joe Wicks’s chicken chorizo and cauliflower bake is a mid-week winner.
Easy Traybake Dinners
We all seem to lead such busy and hectic lives nowadays. Whether it’s busy work life, bringing up children with all that entails, or even just a brilliant social life, it all means we have less time to do the cooking.
But all you need is one tray and a few ingredients to make one fantastic dinner and keep the washing up to a minimum.
Chicken, Chorizo and Cauliflower Bake
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts skin-on
- 1 cauliflower florets only (roughly 500g)
- 1 red onion cut into 12 wedges
- 150 g cooking chorizo cut into 1cm pieces
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 16 cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas 5.
- When the oven is hot, pour the oil into the roasting tray and slide it into the oven. Leave the tray to heat up for 10 mins.
- When the oil is nice and hot, carefully slide the tray out of the oven. Lay the chicken in it, skin-side down. Tumble the cauliflower florets around the meat and put the tray back into the oven to roast for 10 mins.
- Remove the tray from the oven and scatter over the red onion, chorizo and sprigs of thyme. Return the tray to the oven and roast for a further 15 mins.
- Take the tray out again, flip over the chicken breasts and give all the vegetables a bit of a stir.
- Place the tomatoes on top of the mixture and give the tray one more blast in the oven for 10 mins.
- Remove the tray from the oven and, while it is hot, drop the spinach on top and carefully stir it through so it wilts a little in the heat. Serve.