A fusion of a classic creole dish with a Spanish paella-style twist, this seafood jambalaya with chorizo will get your taste buds going.
Seafood Jambalaya with Chorizo
For the Jambalaya:
- 75 g chorizo sliced
- 1 red onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 green peppers deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 300 g frozen Seafood Cocktail thawed
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 200 g Long Grain White Rice
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 reduced-salt chicken stock cube
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 lemon sliced
- Heat a large pan on a medium setting. Add the chorizo and fry until it starts to sizzle and release its fat.
- Add the onion, peppers and garlic and fry for a further 5 mins until soft.
- Add the thawed seafood cocktail and Cajun seasoning. Fry for 3 mins.
- Add the rice, tomatoes, stock cube and 350ml boiling water to the pan. Stir to combine. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20-25 mins, stirring occasionally, until all the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve with the lemon slices, to squeeze over.