Last Updated on 09/05/2020 by richard
Providing you can get hold of pasta in this time of lockdown, this easy cheesy sausage pasta is a quick and simple one-pot midweek meal.
Easy Cheesy Sausage Pasta
An easy one pot midweek sausage and cheese pasta
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 450 g Sausage sliced
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 2-3 cloves Garlic minced
- 500 ml Chicken stock
- 1 can Chopped tomatoes
- 120 ml Milk
- 200 g Dry pasta penne or farfalle
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250 g Cheddar cheese grated
- 2 Spring onions sliced
- Add the olive oil to a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sausage and cook stirring frequently until lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock, chopped tomatoes (undrained), milk, pasta, and seasonings. Bring the mixture to the boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until pasta is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and stir in 1/2 of the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and cover for about five minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Top with the sliced spring onions and pop under the grill for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese.
Calories: 526kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 27gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gSalt: 1.35g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
- Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Simple Recipes Cookbook.
Bean and Sausage Bake
This healthier bean and sausage bake recipe includes baby spinach, red peppers and cherry tomatoes, and is best served with crusty bread for a fuss-free weeknight supper.Check out this recipe