Sausage and beans has to be every kid’s favourite meal. This healthier bean and sausage bake recipe from Sainsbury’s, includes baby spinach, red peppers and cherry tomatoes, and is best served with crusty bread for a fuss-free weeknight supper.
Bean and Sausage Bake
- 454 g reduced-fat sausages
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers seeds removed and sliced
- 2 reduced sugar and salt baked beans 400g cans
- 100 g baby leaf spinach
- 270 g cherry tomatoes
- 14 g parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6. Place the sausages in a deep, large oven tray and drizzle with the oil. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the onion and peppers. Roast for a further 10 minutes, then stir through the baked beans and spinach and top with the tomatoes. Season with black pepper and bake for a further 15 minutes until cooked. Garnish with the parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Personally, I use mixed beans in mild chilli sauce and cumberland sausages!