Last Updated on 24/01/2022 by richard
Scrambled eggs Argentinian style. Crispy potatoes, eggs, and ham make up Revuelto Gramajo. This scrambled egg and potato dish is a classic of Argentine cuisine.
Scrambled eggs the classic Argentinian way
- 2 potatoes
- 1 litre vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 60 g smoked country ham chopped
- 40 g green peas cooked
- 5 eggs beaten
- 60 g spring onions thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and peel potatoes. Slice potatoes lengthwise into ¼ inch thick rounds, then cut each slice lengthwise into match-sticks. Place them in a bowl with water and let them sit for 5 minutes. Drain and dry with paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven (or other deep pot) over medium to high heat (for about 5 minutes). Place potatoes and fry for 20 minutes, or until brown and crisp, stirring once or twice. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- In a large skillet heat 2 Tbsp olive oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- In a large pan, sauté onion and garlic until translucent. Add ham and peas. Taste and add pepper and salt if needed*.
- Add the fried potatoes to the pan and add beaten eggs. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and keep mixing until everything is coated with egg. Add the green onions and mix to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 189kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 9gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gFiber: 2gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Try one of these recipes from my cookbook …
Superb Fish Pie
Bryn William's fish pie from his restaurant at Porth EiriasCheck out this recipe
The ultimate homemade luxury lasagne, made with beef and pork, fresh pasta, Italian mozzarella and creamy béchamelCheck out this recipe