This is an absolutely brilliant mid week meal with tasty sausage and dark Cavolo Nero cabbage.
Roasted Pepper Pasta with Spicy Sausage and Cavolo NeroPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 4 Red and green bell peppers de-seeded and sliced
- 250 g Cherry or baby plum tomatoes halved
- 1 Red onion sliced
- 5 cloves Garlic large, peeled
- 2 Chilli peppers – medium heat sliced (optional)
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to season
For the Pasta:
- 225 g Dried Penne or Rigatone pasta
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 500 g Spicy sausage casings removed and roughly chopped
- 100 g Cavolo Nero stalks removed and leaves chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to season
- Freshly grated Parmesan to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200℃/Fan 180℃/Gas 6.
- Arrange peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic and chillies on a large baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and toss everything together.
- Roast on the middle shelf of the oven for 30 minutes.
- When the veg is halfway done, start to prepare the rest of the ingredients. Bring a large pan of well-salted water to the boil, then add the pasta and cook according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high setting then once hot add the chopped spicy sausage and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the meat is nicely browned and cooked through.
- Add the cavolo nero and the roasted vegetables to the pan and stir everything together well. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the frying pan and stir together until coated. You can add a splash or two of the reserved starchy pasta cooking water if needed, to loosen the sauce a little.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and then serve immediately topped with freshly grated Parmesan.