🇪🇸 En español: Buñuelos de bacalao ahumado
Spanish tapas classic made easy. Bite-sized smoked cod and potato fishcakes bound together with egg and flour then quickly fried until crispy. Serve with lemon wedges.
Smoked Cod Fritters
- 300 ml Milk
- 1 onion grated
- 500 g Smoked cod fillet
- 2 potatoes large, floury, peeled and diced
- 1 Lemon zested
- ½ bunch dill chopped
- 3 tbsp Plain flour
- 1 Egg
- Lemon wedges
- Put the grated onion in a pan with just enough milk to cover. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the fish and poach gently for 5 more minutes. Turn off the heat and cool.
- Strain the milk into another pan. Add the potato, cook until tender, then drain reallly well.
- Tip the fish and onion into a bowl. Flake the fish and discard any skin and bone.
- Mash the fish with the potatoes, lemon zest, dill, flour and egg and season well. Scoop the mix out in rough tbsps and put on a tray. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until you want to cook them.
- Heat 1cm of oil in a frying pan. Cook the fritters in batches until golden brown and crisp on both sides. Keep warm in a low oven while the others cook. Serve with lemon wedges.