Last Updated on 11/01/2022 by richard
My wife and I were looking for a different starter for the festive family meal this year. This smoked salmon and roasted beetroot salad recipe from Sainsbury’s took our fancy.
We added some orange segments to give a bit of citrus zing.
Smoked Salmon and Roasted Beetroot Salad with Horseradish Dressing
For the Salad
- 750 g Raw beetroot peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 cloves Garlic skin on
- 3-4 sprigs Thyme
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 140 g Rocket
- 250 g Smoked salmon flaked into large pieces
- 2 Orange large, peeled and cut into wedges
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Dressing
- 75 ml Crème Fraîche light, if preferred
- 2 tbsp Horseradish sauce
- ½ tbsp White wine vinegar
- ½ Lemon juiced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Put the beetroot in the centre of a large piece of foil with the garlic cloves and thyme sprigs. Drizzle over the oil and season with the black pepper.
- Seal the foil into a parcel and place on a roasting tray. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until soft. Squeeze the garlic from their skins and toss with the beetroot. Leave to cool completely.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Carefully toss the rocket with the beetroot and smoked salmon and divide onto serving plates. Drizzle the dressing over each plate to serve.