A tuna tomato pasta bake for a quick and easy mid-week meal should be in every family recipe book.
This recipe from Sainsbury’s fits the bill and is a favourite of the grandchildren when they stay. Mind you, they are hungry again about an hour later and the assault on the fridge starts again!
Whatever you do, don’t tell our daughters-in-law that all the grandchildren know where Nanny hides the chocolate and sweets. It’s a secret!
Tuna Tomato Pasta bake
- 300 g fresh egg penne pasta
- 500 g tomato and herb pasta sauce
- 360 g tuna steak in spring water ,drained and flaked
- 325 g sweetcorn in water, drained
- 390 g chopped tomatoes
- 14 g fresh flat-leaf parsley fresh, leaves picked, washed and chopped
- 100 g cheddar cheese mature, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 6. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then add the pasta and cook for 6 minutes. Drain. Tip the cooked pasta back into the pan and stir through the pasta sauce, tuna, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes and half the parsley.
- Tip the mixture into a 1½-litre baking dish and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Cook for 30 minutes until golden and bubbling. Garnish with the remaining parsley just before serving.