🇪🇸 En español: Chorizo Al Vino Tinto
This sauteed chorizo with red wine is an authentic recipe for this tapas dish.
Let’s face it, chorizo sausage with all that smoked paprika and garlic is one of the best cooking ingredients ever invented and I love it.
In everyday cooking, I usually thinly slice or dice the chorizo. But for this tapa, thicker slices cooked in this red wine reduction create a meaty sauteed chorizo treat in a rich smoky syrup. Absolutely delicious.
Sauteed Chorizo with Red Wine
- 700 g Chorizo uncooked
- 2 tbsp Olive oil good quality
- 240 ml Red wine
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 Bay leaves
- 120 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped, to serve
- 1 loaf Rustic bread to serve
- Slice the chorizo into 10mm pieces.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over a medium-high flame. Add the chorizo to the pan and fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the wine, garlic, and bay leaves and bring to the boil. Swirl to dissolve any sediment from the chorizo, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the wine has reduced to a thick sauce.
- Garnish with fresh, chopped parsley and serve immediately with bread.