This salmon traybake is a quick and easy midweek dinner you can make in less than one hour. With plenty of veg including asparagus and tomatoes, this salmon dish is a great way to get your family – especially the kids – to eat their 5-a-day!
Salmon tray bake
- 650 g new potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 16 asparagus spears
- 1 Red onion cut into wedges
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 boneless salmon fillet skin on
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Put the potatoes and oil in a baking tray and toss to combine. Season well with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes until slightly golden. Add the onion, tomatoes, rosemary and balsamic vinegar, combine, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Season the salmon fillets and add to the tray of vegetables together with the asparagus and cook for a final 10-12 minutes, until the salmon is just cooked. Serve immediately.