The flavour of the sweet roasted cherry tomatoes is really magnified by a quick roasting in the oven with a splash of balsamic vinegar.
For the best flavour buy the cherry tomatoes on the vine. They are more expensive but boy are they worth the extra!
We like the Vittoria variety from Sainsbury’s.
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 400 g cherry tomatoes on the vine ones are best e.g. Vittoria
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6
- Put the tomatoes in a heatproof dish. Add the olive oil and roll around until they are well coated.
- Sprinkle over the sea salt and add the balsamic vinegar.
- Place in the middle of the oven and cook for 20 minutes.