Last Updated on 09/10/2021 by richard
This recipe is quick to make and bright addition to any lunchtime meal. Make them and learn why deviled eggs with tuna are a Spanish favourite.
En español: Huevos Rellenos de Atún
Spanish Style Deviled Eggs
- 12 large eggs
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna packed in oil
- ½ cup tomato sauce more if needed
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Sweet Spanish paprika for garnish
- Thinly sliced fresh chives and quartered cherry tomatoes optional, for garnish
- First, boil the eggs in water until hard-boiled. After the eggs are hard-boiled, cool in cold water.
- Peel carefully, and cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully remove the yolks.
- Place the cooked yolks in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until crumbled into small pieces. Set aside the boiled egg whites for later.
- Drain the oil from the canned tuna and put the fish into another mixing bowl. Separate the tuna with a fork and add the tomato sauce. Stir to combine with the tuna.
- Add half of the egg yolks to the bowl and mix to a paste. (To keep the mixture moist, you may need to add more tomato sauce.) Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon this tuna mixture into the halved egg whites.
- Place a small amount of mayonnaise on top of each egg. Use some of the rest of the crumbled egg yolks to decorate your deviled eggs by sprinkling over the egg halves. Then sprinkle sweet Spanish paprika over the egg halves for decoration.
- Optionally, you can garnish your tuna deviled eggs with chives and cherry tomatoes. Simply slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters, and place a piece on top of each deviled egg. Sprinkle chives on top of the serving dish.
- Chill the deviled eggs and keep them refrigerated until you are ready to serve them.
Calories: 185kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 14gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Try one of these recipes from my cookbook …
Spanish Fish and Shellfish Soup
Sopa de Pescado y Marisco combines fish, clams, and shrimp with white wine and rice for a rich and flavorful dishCheck out this recipe
Five Spice Dusted Whitebait
Crispy whitebait deep fried with a spicy coatingCheck out this recipe