Sweet clams and salty ham are a perfect combination, and this tapas dish or sharing starter can be made in minutes.
If you like clams and cockles try the Hake Medallions with Cockles.
Clams with Sherry and Serrano Ham
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ onions very finely chopped
- 500 g Fresh clams
- 50 g Serrano ham
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 100 ml Fino sherry
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley roughly chopped
- 1 loaf Crusty Bread to serve
- In a medium pan with a lid, heat the oil and cook the onion for 5-7 mins to soften. Rinse the clams in a colander and discard any that are opened and will not close with a sharp tap. Add the ham and garlic to the onion and cook for 1 min.
- Add the clams to the pan with the sherry, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 4-5 mins until the clams have all opened (discard any that haven’t). Serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley.
- Make sure to have some crusty bread to mop up all the juices.