Last Updated on 13/10/2021 by richard
Sweet clams and salty ham are a perfect combination, and this tapas dish or sharing starter can be made in minutes.
Clams with Sherry and Serrano Ham
Sweet clams and salty ham are a perfect combination, and this tapas dish or sharing starter can be made in minutes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ Onion very finely chopped
- 500 g Fresh clams
- 50 g Serrano ham
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 100 ml Fino sherry
- 1 handful Parsley roughly chopped
- 1 loaf Crusty Bread to serve
- In a medium pan with a lid, heat the oil and cook the onion for 5-7 mins to soften. Rinse the clams in a colander and discard any that are opened and will not close with a sharp tap. Add the ham and garlic to the onion and cook for 1 min.
- Add the clams to the pan with the sherry, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 4-5 mins until the clams have all opened (discard any that haven’t). Serve immediately, sprinkled with parsley.
- Make sure to have some crusty bread to mop up all the juices.
Calories: 102kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 7gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Try one of these recipes from my cookbook …
Classic Spanish Paella
This simple paella recipe uses a mix of meat, seafood and colourful veg for a lively combination of flavours and textures.Check out this recipe
"Cataplana" is the word for both the dish and the spherical pot it's cooked and served in. This fish and seafood stew is found in the Algarve, in Portugal.Check out this recipe