My Dolmio Carbonara Plus is a really easy mid-week cheat boosting the flavours in the white pasta sauce.
A Sauce Like Mama Used to Make
Shop-bought carbonara sauces are great for quickly cooking up a family dinner, but don’t match ones made from scratch. Our busy lives mean we don’t always have time to make white sauces like mama used to make.
However, enhancing Dolmio’s carbonara sauce gives a lovely boost to the flavours. Plus it only adds 10 minutes to the cooking time.
Dolmio Carbonara Stir-in Sauce
Presumably, any shop-bought sauce would do, but my wife and I prefer Dolmio, so we call it Dolmio Carbonara Plus.
Dolmio sauces originate from Australia, and after a trial launch in Scotland, have been popular in the UK and worldwide since the 1980s.
Other Recipes You Maybe Interested in …..
Here’s the Recipe …
Dolmio Carbonara Plus
- (affiliate link)Saute Pan
- 1 Dolmio Stir-In Pasta Sauce for Carbonara
- 200 g Penne pasta
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 3 links Uncooked chorizo sausage diced
- 2 rashers Smoked bacon thick cut
- 1 Red chilli halved, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic finely diced
- 25 g Cheese finely grated
- 1 tsp Dried mixed herbs
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and add the pasta. Return to the boil and cook for the time on the packet over a fast simmer.
- Add the oil and diced chorizo to a saute pan and fry gently for a few minutes to release the flavours and lovely paprika colour.
- While the chorizo is cooking cut the bacon rashers into thin strips. Add the bacon strips to the pan and continue to fry over a gentle heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chilli to the pan and fry for another couple of minutes stirring frequently so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Drain the pasta when cooked al dente and add to the pan with the chorizo and bacon in. Stir well to coat the pasta with the pan juices.
- Sprinkle over the herbs and give a quick stir to incorporate.
- Add the carbonara sauce to the pasta and stir gently for a few minutes until the sauce is warmed through.
- Serve in warmed bowls with some grated cheese on top.
You may also like …
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy Dolmio sauces?
Dolmio sauces originated in Australia in the 1980s but are now available worldwide.
What is added to make Dolmio Plus Carbonara?
Chorizo, red chilli, garlic and herbs.