Last Updated on 15/07/2022 by richard
Sometimes when I come home from work I don’t want to make a curry from scratch so I cheat and use a shop-bought sauce like Sharwoods Butter Chicken. That doesn’t mean you are limited to the sauces in your local supermarket.
Think of the sauces as a base upon which you can build something more to your liking but without the hassle of hours of preparation. Don’t get me wrong, I love the smell of freshly toasting spices and onions but on weeknights, I just don’t have the time.
I like to use Sharwoods Butter Chicken as a base, add some lightly browned chopped onions and roasted pointed peppers for a really tasty mild curry. Serve with basmati rice and some Peshwari naan bread and you have a filling evening meal.
Most prepared curry sauces suggest using chicken breast for ease of preparation but I far prefer the meat of chicken thighs for pies and curries. The meat is firmer, tastier and much cheaper.
Each thigh takes only a minute or so to skin and de-bone so not much of an addition to the prep. They do have slightly more calories because of the higher fat content, but the fat is visible and easily removed.
Other Recipes You Maybe Interested in …..
Here’s the Recipe …
Sharwoods Butter Chicken Plus
- 1 jar Sharwoods Butter Chicken Sauce
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 red pointed pepper halved and de-seeded
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- 5 Chicken thighs
- 200 g basmati rice
- 2 Peshwari Naan
- Preheat a grill to 180°C
- Place the halved pepper on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill for about 10 minutes until softened. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Add the olive oil to a saute pan over a medium heat, add the chopped onions and fry until lightly browned.
- While the onions are frying remove the skin and de-bone the chicken thighs. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Add the toasted sesame oil and sliced chicken to the pan and fry until lightly browned.
- Slice the grilled peppers into about 10mm strips and add to the chicken and onions.
- Add the jar of Butter Chicken Sauce, stir well and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice and Peshwari naan.