My Dolmio lasagne plus is a really easy mid week cheat boosting the flavours in the red sauce ragu.
Shop bought lasagne sauces are great for quickly cooking up a family dinner, but they don’t match ones made from scratch. Busy lives mean we don’t always have time to make the red and whites sauces like mama used to make.
Enhancing Dolmio’s red lasagne sauce gives a lovely boost to the flavours and only adds 10 minutes to the cooking time.
According to Mary Berry, if you have the time, leaving the uncooked assembled lasagne to rest for 6 hours allows the pasta to start softening. I make mine in the morning, or the night before and leave to rest in the fridge.
I presume you could do this with any shop bought sauce but my wife and I prefer Dolmio.
Dolmio Lasagne Plus
- 500 g Beef mince
- 1 jar Dolmio Tomato sauce for lasagne 470g
- 1 jar Dolmio Creamy sauce for lasagne 470g
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Mixed herbs
- 1 tsp Worcester sauce
- Olive oil
- 75 g Cheddar cheese grated
- 6 Lasagne sheets
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4
- In a large frying pan, add a splash of olive oil, add the chopped onion and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Add the mince and cook until browned all over stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle over the mixed herbs and Worcester sauce and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree, tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a shallow ovenproof dish spread, ⅓ of the meat sauce over the bottom then add a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Spread ⅓ of the creamy white sauce over the lasagne sheets. Repeat the layers 2 more times. Finally, sprinkle the grated cheese over the top layer of white sauce.
- For best results, leave to rest for up to 6 hours to allow the pasta to start to soften.
- Put in a preheated oven at 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4 on the middle shelf for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top, the pasta is soft, with bubbling around the edges.
- Dolmio lasagne sauces
- Mary Berry