My Dolmio lasagne plus is a really easy mid-week cheat boosting the flavours in the red sauce ragu.
A Sauce Like Mama Used to Make
Shop-bought lasagne sauces are great for quickly cooking up a family dinner, but don’t match ones made from scratch. Our busy lives mean we don’t always have time to make the red and white sauces like mama used to make.
However, enhancing Dolmio’s red lasagne sauce gives a lovely boost to the flavours. Plus it only adds 10 minutes to the cooking time.
According to Mary Berry, if you have the time, leaving the uncooked assembled lasagne to rest for 6 hours allows the pasta to start softening. I make mine in the morning, or the night before and leave it to rest in the fridge.
Dried lasagne is used in the recipe but pasta aficionados will want to use fresh lasagne, it’s just a matter of choice.
Dolmio Pasta Sauces
Presumably, any shop-bought sauce would do, but my wife and I prefer Dolmio, so we call it Dolmio Lasagne Plus.
Dolmio sauces originate from Australia, and after a trial launch in Scotland, have been popular in the UK and worldwide since the 1980s.
Other Recipes You Maybe Interested in …..
Here’s the Recipe …
Dolmio Lasagne Plus
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4
- In a saute or large frying pan, add a splash of olive oil, add the chopped onion and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Add the mince and cook until browned all over stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle over the mixed herbs and Worcester sauce and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree, tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a shallow ovenproof lasagne dish spread, ⅓ of the meat sauce over the bottom then add a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Spread ⅓ of the creamy white sauce over the lasagne sheets. Repeat the layers 2 more times. Finally, sprinkle the grated cheese over the top layer of white sauce.
- For best results, leave to rest for up to 6 hours to allow the pasta to start to soften.
- Put in a preheated oven at 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4 on the middle shelf for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top, the pasta is soft, with bubbling around the edges.
You may also like …
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Mary Berry?
Mary Berry is an English food writer, chef and television presenter
Where can I buy Dolmio sauces?
Dolmio sauces originated in Australia in the 1980s but are now available worldwide.
What is added to make Dolmio Plus lasagne?
Tomato puree, herbs and Worcester sauce.
Grandads Cookbook may reference or include sections of text and images reproduced courtesy of:
- Dolmio lasagne sauces
- Mary Berry