This duck breast with orange sauce is easy with a delicious sauce.
As anyone who knows me will testify, I am partial to duck and if it is on a restaurant’s menu I am always temped.
This recipe from recipesformen.com ticks all the boxes for me and I highly recommend it.
Duck Breast with Orange Sauce
- 2 Duck breasts
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
- 120 ml Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- ½ tbsp Root ginger pureed
- ½ tbsp Tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Red wine
- 1 Orange juiced
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Score the skin side of the duck breasts 1cm apart in a criss-cross pattern.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Put the duck breasts skin side down into a heated oven proof pan and cook until the skin is crispy. This should take 4-5 minutes.
- While the duck is cooking prepare the sauce by putting the stock, honey, red wine, ginger, orange juice and tomato puree into bowl and whisking together.
- Discard any excess fat from the pan and turn the duck breasts over, cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Discard any excess fat again, and place the pan in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set the duck breasts aside to rest covered with foil for 10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce mix into the same pan and bring to the boil stirring to loosen any residues.Simmer for a few minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Slice the duck breast and serve with the orange sauce.