Last Updated on 13/10/2021 by richard
En español: Aceitunas rellenas fritas
These Fried Stuffed Olives are a delicious little tapas treat from Jamie Oliver. They take a while to make but are totally worth the effort.
Fried Stuffed Olives
- 500 g passata
- 350 g jar of black olives stoned
- 65 g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp capers
- 40 g plain flour
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 1 litre vegetable oil
- a few sprigs of fresh oregano
- 1 good pinch of dried chilli
- extra virgin olive oil
- Pour the passata into a wide dish. Drain, and add the olives, making sure they are all submerged. Set it aside to soak for about 1 hour.
- Beat the feta and capers together to form a rough paste.
- Remove the soaked olives from the passata, keeping the sauce to one side. Gently roll little balls of the feta mixture into tiny sausage shapes and stuff these into the olives.
- Set up a little station by lining up three shallow bowls – the first with the flour, whisk the eggs in the second, and the last with the breadcrumbs.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a deep pan and place over a medium heat. Pop a cube of bread in the oil, and when it’s golden it is ready to use.
- Working quickly, roll the olives in the flour, followed by the egg, letting any excess drip off, then finally coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Carefully lower into the hot oil and deep fry until golden and crisp.
- To make your sauce, place the leftover passata in a small pan with the oregano leaves and dried chilli.
- Season, place over a medium heat and simmer rapidly for 4 to 5 minutes, or until reduced slightly.
- Stir in a little extra virgin olive oil and serve with the fried olives and a glass of wine.
Calories: 485kcalCarbohydrates: 59gProtein: 16gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gFiber: 8gSugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Try one of these recipes from my cookbook …
Chorizo-Filled Dates Wrapped in Bacon Check out this recipe
Five Spice Dusted Whitebait
Crispy whitebait deep fried with a spicy coatingCheck out this recipe