This easy, one-pan chicken dinner with potatoes is packed with Spanish flavours like sweet red peppers, rosemary and smoky paprika.
I take no credit whatsoever for this recipe it’s a straight extract from delicious magazine. But it’s so nice, easy and quick I just had to include it in the cookbook.
Easy Traybake Dinners
We all seem to lead such busy and hectic lives nowadays. Whether it’s busy work life, bringing up children with all that entails, or even just a brilliant social life, it all means we have less time to do the cooking.
But all you need is one tray and a few ingredients to make one fantastic dinner and keep the washing up to a minimum.
Paprika Chicken Thighs with Alioli and Rosemary Roasties
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 4 skinless boneless free-range chicken thighs
- 400 g maris piper or other floury potatoes sliced
- 3-4 sprigs rosemary leaves picked and chopped, plus extra for serving
- 1 large red pepper seeds removed, cut into quarters
- 1 large red onion cut into 6 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 tbsp of the olive oil, the paprika and the garlic granules with plenty of salt and black pepper. Add the chicken thighs, turning to coat, then leave to one side for the mixture to marinate.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large oven tray and put in the oven for 5 minutes to heat up. Remove the tray from the oven and add the potatoes and rosemary, drizzle over the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, then put back in the top of the oven to roast for 20 minutes, tossing the potatoes after 10 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, onion and marinated chicken to the tray. Return the tray to the top of the oven, then roast for 20 minutes more until the chicken is cooked through and the veg are tender and slightly charred.
- Serve with alioli, if you like, and some extra rosemary sprinkled over.