This savoury-tart-sweet combination takes the classic pairing of pork and fruit to a whole new level.
Pork chops with rhubarb
- 6 sticks Rhubarb, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 85 g Unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp Caster sugar
- 4 Pork chops, 200g (7oz), rind removed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put the rhubarb in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring slowly to the boil, then drain immediately. Return the rhubarb to the pan with half the butter and the sugar, and cook gently for 10 minutes, until it has broken down to a puree.
- Meanwhile, season the chops with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining butter in a frying pan until foaming, then cook the chops for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove them and keep warm.
- Tip the rhubarb into the chop pan to emulsify with the caramelised juices, scrape the bottom and mix to combine.
- Serve with new potatoes, carrots and green vegetables.