Succulent pork with really good crackling
Roast Pork with Crackling
- 1.5 kg Pork leg joint
- 2 tbsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7.
- Place joint on chopping board and rub the rind dry with kitchen roll.
- Score the rind with a sharp knife and cover with most of the salt working it into the cuts.
- Leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Rub all the salt off the joint and from between the cuts.
- Pat dry and lightly cover the rind with 1 tsp of salt
- Cook for 30 minutes per 500g plus 35 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, reduce the temperature to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4 for the remaining cooking time.
- If the crackling is a bit soft, turn the temperature back up to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7 for the last 15 minutes.
- Cover the joint with foil and a tea towel and allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving.