Last Updated on 08/10/2021 by richard
Grilled baby squid is very easy and fast. You only need extra virgin olive oil, some garlic, a little parsley and salt flakes
En español: Chipirones a la Plancha
Whether you use fresh or frozen squid is entirely down to your own preference. The freezing process breaks down some of the fibres in squid so tenderizes the flesh prior to cooking.
You can buy ready prepared squid or your fishmonger will do it for you. If you get yours fresh and need to clean it yourself then follow the steps in how to clean squid.
Chipirones a la Plancha
- 6 fresh squid
- 3 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Flaked sea salt
- Clean the squid thoroughly leaving only the white body tube and the tentacles.
- Grill the squid for 1-2 minutes on each side at medium-high heat
- Take them out and reserve on a plate
- Briefly sauté the tentacles and reserve with the squid bodies
- Gently brown the chopped garlic in the pan.
- Serve the squid with their tentacles and sprinkle them with the garlic.
- Garnish with a little chopped parsley and a little flaked salt
Try one of these recipes from my cookbook …
Grandads Cookbook may reference or include sections of text and images reproduced courtesy of: