Last Updated on 11/01/2022 by richard
🇪🇸 En español: Alcachofas Brochetas De Limón
A tasty tapas dish from Jamie Oliver with lovely griddled artichokes.
Lemony Skewered Artichokes
A tasty tapas dish with lovely griddled artichokes.
- 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- extra virgin olive oil
- 6 jarred artichokes
- 50 g feta cheese
- 10 slices of higher-welfare mixed cured meat
- Carefully stab the lemon with a knife and place in a pan. Cover with boiling water, then boil for 40 minutes, or until the lemon is really soft.
- Carefully remove the lemon to a board, using tongs or a slotted spoon, and leave to cool slightly.
- Cut in half and scoop out the jammy flesh. Add this to a bowl with the thyme leaves, honey and enough oil to create a dressing. Taste and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Set a griddle pan over a high heat. Drain, halve and place the artichokes on it for a few minutes on each side, or until charred and dried up.
- Halve again lengthways, then dress with the jammy dressing.
- Cube the feta, then cut the cured meats into strips and roll them up. Put onto skewers, alternating with the dressed artichokes.
Calories: 233kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 16gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Try one of these recipes from my cookbook …
Spanish Fish and Shellfish Soup
Sopa de Pescado y Marisco combines fish, clams, and shrimp with white wine and rice for a rich and flavorful dishCheck out this recipe
Serrano Ham with Melon
Salty and full of flavour, Serrano ham makes an excellent contrast with juicy honeydew melon.Check out this recipe