Last Updated on 11/01/2022 by richard
🇪🇸 En español: Queso Tetilla Horneado con Escalivada
This recipe comes from Lobos tapas bar in Borough Market. Tetilla is a Spanish cheese available from delis and online. This dish takes just 30 minutes to prepare and is great as part of a sharing spread.
Baked Tetilla Cheese with Escalivada
- 300 g tetilla cheese or fontina sliced
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 50 ml brandy
- toast to serve
For the Escalivada
- 1 aubergine halved
- 1 red pepper halved and seeded
- 1 Red onion peeled and quartered
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. To make the escalivada, put the vegetables on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and roast for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing the skin from the aubergine and red pepper, then slice them very thinly and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, the chopped garlic and some seasoning. Turn the grill to high.
- Put the cheese into the bottom of an ovenproof dish (or 4 individual ones), put the vegetables on top, and sprinkle over the oregano. Grill for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Put the brandy in a small pan and simmer it for 5 minutes then spoon over.