Last Updated on 29/06/2022 by richard
Celebrating British Food & Cooking
Christmas dinner would not be the same without pigs in blankets. These delicious little porky gems make the perfect accompaniment.
In the UK pigs in blankets are small sausages wrapped in bacon. Our American cousins will expect hotdog sausages wrapped in dough.
Make sure you use streaky bacon and stretch it out before wrapping the sausage which makes it crispy.
I highly recommend Cumberland chipolatas if you can get them.
Sausage lovers should try the Cumberland Sausage Casserole.
Pigs in Blankets
- 8 rashers Streaky bacon
- 16 chipolata sausages
- cocktail sticks to secure the bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
- Place the bacon on a chopping board, then using the side of the knife, stretch and flatten the bacon until about half as long again.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half across, then wrap each piece around a chipolata, securing with cocktail sticks.
- Place in a roasting tray and roast for 15 minutes until golden-brown and cooked through.