Mint sauce has a long history in England, traditionally served with roast lamb.
Mint grows so freely that once you know the trick you never need to buy mint sauce again.
Traditional Fresh Mint Sauce
- bunch of mint
- pinch salt
- 4 tbsp boiling water
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Strip off the mint leaves, sprinkle with salt and chop finely.
- Place into a jug, add the sugar and pour over the boiling water, stir and leave to cool.
- Stir in the vinegar and taste.
- Add more water or vinegar and adjust seasoning to suit your taste.