Do you have family members who aren’t fans of eating red meat? Then try out this sauteed creamy chicken with garlic and peppers recipe on them, it’s sure to go down really well!
We had my brother-in-law and his wife around for dinner last weekend so I had to get creative because I had a real desire for lamb chops. Now my sister-in-law and I are red meat fans, my wife prefers white meat but will eat red, and my brother-in-law doesn’t eat red.
In order to please everyone, there was nothing for it, I was going to have to cook two different main courses. It’s a good job I enjoy cooking!
For the lamb chops, I choose to marinate them in lemon, herbs and garlic and then pan fry with a finish in the oven, easy. You can find the link to that recipe below.
I wanted a quick one-pan chicken recipe that I could prepare in advance and was going to take no longer to cook than the chops.
A quick search didn’t really bring up any recipe that fitted the bill on its own so with an idea from here and a bit of inspiration from there this creamy chicken with garlic and peppers was the result.
The chicken and/or chops were served with golden roast potatoes, chantenay carrots, broccoli and some roasted cherry tomatoes.
🍽 Serving Suggestion
To my great delight, the chicken went down a treat with the in-laws and my wife in preference to the lamb chops! Never mind more chops for me 👍.
Other Recipes You Maybe Interested in …..
Creamy Chicken with Garlic and Peppers
- (affiliate link)Saute or Deep Frying Pan
- 3 chicken breasts sliced
- 2 onions thinly slices
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 red pointed pepper halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli pepper halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 250 ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 or 6 medium closed cup mushrooms
- Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Coat the pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the toasted sesame oil. Add the chicken breast slices to the pan and sauté for 6-7 minutes or until the chicken is just starting to brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside. Add the sliced onions, pointed pepper and chilli to the pan, drizzle with a little olive oil and sauté for 5 minutes or until the onions start to brown.
- Add the black pepper, garlic and sliced mushrooms to the pan. Sauté for 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and onion starts to caramelize.
- Return the chicken to the pan, stir well and cook for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Serve immediately.